Pages

Trash As Art Home Image

Trash As Art Home Image

Monday, March 28, 2011

SMALL SPACES AND TRASH UNITE!: Pet Carrier Coffee Table

So, I’ve been blessed with a fantastically un-large, yes un-large apartment.   And years ago, one of my lovely mothers gave me a very wonderful, very  large coffee table. No space at all!
I had this idea floating around in my head for months about all the fancy little tables I was going to get to inhabit my un-large living room space. Eventually I came to the realization that they were #1 -out of my budget, and #2- not worth their asking price. First I couldn’t get the TV stand I wanted, and now I cant have the coffee table either! Enter the “I see I’m not going to get my way again temper tantrum” #realitycheck!

Well, my fuzzy poof feline buddy Mystn passed away a couple of years ago. I’ve been hanging onto her old carrier, which actually used to belong to her best friends Merlibop and Davinci who moved to Seattle. I didn’t want to get rid of it, or the memories of lugging her around in that horrid plastic contraption for her doctor appointments. Mystn used to nap in there on my old t-shirts.  Absolutely impossible for me to just throw it away.

I had already painted the carrier orange. I thought I would make a YouTube video on how to spruce up an old pet commodity. I had no idea what I was going to do with it after that. It was just randomly laying around the apartment. Ideas slowly started forming each day as I looked at that thing. It was starting to look a little more appealing sitting on my floor. Well, when I finally got around to hosting my personal middle of the night rearranging of the space event, guess what? Pet carrier worked out perfectly as the center of attraction for my living room!

Yes! This table has become pretty much a permanent resting space for my laptop.  Inside, I keep the cords, and other remotes and stuff that would normally be sitting out. It even has built in cup holders on the top. Pet carrier + spray paint = awesome small space living room addition!

Next, I’ll show you what I did to the very wonderful, very large (did I mention very wooden?) coffee table.

2 comments:

  1. well, I'm glad my carrier is getting some good use, Lol! Davincci still misses his fuzzy poof friend :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and fyi, can't figure out how to post a coment as me :(

    ReplyDelete