Pages

Trash As Art Home Image

Trash As Art Home Image

Friday, February 4, 2011

NICE TO MEET YOU!

So I enjoy watching home improvement shows, house hunting shows.  I love hunting online for new ideas for art projects.  Like many of us, I figured  I CAN DO THAT, TOO! I came up with elaborate plans in my head on how I’d create this awesome businesses. I blabbed my ideas to friends and co-workers.

One of them finally said, LET’S DO IT! Then I got scared. Then I got to work, getting licensed, getting excited! Then I got hit with the reality that IT IS A LOT OF WORK TO RUN A BUSINESS!! Well duh! Yeah, I knew it would be work, but I did not know it would be WORK! WORK! WORK! WORK! WOOOOOOOORK!

GEEZ! All I was trying to do was sell some freaking art and furniture! I gave up. I stopped working on projects, I didn’t speak of my business unless asked. And when I answered it was mostly a bunch of --you know, just to quickly answer and get away.  I had ideas but nothing was going the way I had planned. Failure was going to be the end of this little trip. I  was getting myself ready to accept that it was over. I was going to dissolve it and not care anymore! But every time I would get ready to, I’d hear “Don’t dissolve your business,”  or  “God’s working on it.”

WELL, can I  tell you how fed up I was about hearing what God was working on? It sure couldn’t be Trash As Art! All I saw was a bunch of furniture piling up in my minuscule apartment! Dashed hope, dead dreams, false witnesses to the life I was supposed to be living.

I had help from friends, but none of the help was getting anything going. And the help started falling off. The last person said they couldn’t do it anymore, and I walked around in a daze because I was out with some friends when I found out.  I was trying to keep myself together while I was out. All I wanted to do was cry, cry, cry, cry, scream, cry some more, scream some more, repeat!
The next morning I talk to God while getting ready for the day. I vented my frustration at the whole business situation. The Lord began to speak to me. God blessed me with a new vision. Well, not new. It was the vision for this business that I was originally given, but had somehow lost focus of. Amazing! I was right back at the beginning! But guess what? I was happy, I was rejuvenated! I  was finally moving forward! I have been ever since! My family has been a great. New opportunities, and help are being poured upon my business! Sure there are days, weeks even when things get tough. I often have to take a step back and ask, “Lord am I doing this right? Show me what to do!” It’s not easy, but I’m blessed to be able to do things I love.  I still have a ton of growing to do, but it keeps getting better and better. And you know what? I’m still standing, but by the grace of God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment